Call me crazy but I am currently obsessed with quinoa. I think it has something to do with the fact that in Ecuador, they put quinoa in everything. Yogurt, cake, soups, breads, it’s so versatile, and so healthy. 🙂
For my first week back in the States, on the processed-free diet, I figured there was no better choice than quinoa. First recipe–stuffed peppers.
This was so easy (and fun) to make. I got to use the new le creuset pan that Michela got me for my birthday, so that in itself was a good enough reason for me to cook.
On to the recipe:
- 2 large yellow bell peppers
- 1 cup spinach
- Garlic, peeled and diced
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- celery salt
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350. Prepare quinoa according to package instructions. While quinoa is cooking, peel and chop your veggies. In a skillet, add olive oil and over medium heat, sautée onions, garlic, and carrots. Salt and pepper to taste. Add the spinach in and cook until wilted.
2. Slice tops off of the peppers and scoop out the seeds.
3. When quinoa is finished, combine the quinoa with the veggies and mix well. Add celery salt to taste.
4. Fill the peppers with the mixture and place them in a baking dish. Add a couple tablespoons of water to coat the bottom of the pan.
5. Bake peppers for 20 minutes with the tops on, or until heated throughout.
Stay tuned for my next quinoa recipe coming later this week: Quinoa Fried Rice.